Outside the Margins: Lessons from Walking with Communities of the World
Outside the Margins: Lessons from walking with communities of the world, by Sharon Bieber provides a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the world of CHE. Highlighting lessons Sharon and Bill have learned about what works and doesn’t work and the communities that have taught them, these stories are gleaned from many years of interacting and training in various parts of the world. The candid wisdom of Outside the Margins moves beyond current development data to offer some solid principles that could benefit anyone who longs for change. The hope is to challenge others to step outside the margins of their own cultural or geographical boundaries.
Beyond Poverty:Multiplying Sustainable Community Development
The church has historically played an active role in alleviating global poverty with a goal of encouraging sustainable community development. However, our efforts often focus on limited-scope projects that provide good solutions to a single community. In “Beyond Poverty,” Terry Dalrymple calls us to move beyond sustainable projects in a single village to transformational movements that multiply change from village to village and sweep the countryside. Through multiple case studies based on the actual experiences of more than 900 organizations in 135 different countries, this book tells the story of a large and growing network of ministries around the world using the strategy of Community Health Evangelism to change the life of the poor forever. The principles in this book are not just theory, but proven strategy. The church is uniquely positioned to accelerate poverty alleviation worldwide. This book is a roadmap for Christian ministries that want to see their efforts multiplied, and to ignite Christ-centered transformational movements that multiply disciples while lifting whole communities out of cycles of poverty and disease.
CHE Lesson Plan Drive
The flash drive contains the materials that trainers use to implement a CHE program. More than 10,000 documents include lesson plans, health stories, Bible storying, picture books, teaching aids, surveys, and tools for monitoring and evaluation. As you are trained and mentored by experienced trainers, you will learn to use these materials to hold Vision Seminars and Trainings of Trainers (TOTs), enter the community, train CHEs and the committee, and monitor and evaluate your progress. Topics include everything from Agriculture to Women’s Cycle of Life. There are new lesson plans on a whole range of topics such as Neighborhood Transformation (Urban CHE), HIV, Tropical Diseases, Bible Storying, Healthy Aging, Disabilities, Children’s CHE, Health Promotion, and much more.
Prerequisite: Completion of Training of Trainers I (TOT I).
CHE Lesson Curriculum is available for purchase in the following formats:
English USB Flash Drive: $65
Contact us at [email protected] about non-English lessons
Multiplying Light and Truth
By Stan Rowland – A book that examines the underlying philosophies, principles, training curricula, and materials for establishing a community-based development program which is integrated into an aggressive evangelism and discipleship ministry.
Multiplying Light and Truth is available for purchase in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean. Cost: $15
These free documents give an overview of the Community Health Evangelism (CHE) strategy. The CHE Overview—available in English, Spanish, and Korean—focuses more on the rural aspects of the CHE process. The Urban CHE Overview is used around the world to reach predominately urban communities, while the Neighborhood Transformation Overview focuses on urban neighborhoods within the United States.
Resources from Dr. Ravi Jayakaran
Medical Ambassadors International’s President/CEO, Dr. Ravi Jayakaran, authored and/or contributed to the following documents:
Order from Amazon
- African Friends And Money Matters: Observations From Africa
- Discipling Nations: The Power Of Truth To Transform Cultures
- Half The Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity For Women Worldwide
- Relational Prayer
- Through My Sister’s Eyes: 31-Day Devotional With An International Vision
- Walking With The Poor: Principles And Practices Of Transformational Development
- When Helping Hurts: How To Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting The Poor…And Yourself
- The Hole In Our Gospel:What Does God Expect Of Us? The Answer That Changed My Life And Might Just Change The World
- Ministering Cross-Culturally: A Model For Effective Personal Relationships
- From Foreign To Familiar: A Guide To Understanding Hot – And Cold – Climate Cultures
- Toxic Charity: How Churches And Charities Hurt Those They Help, And How To Reverse It
- Peace Child: An Unforgettable Story Of Primitive Jungle Treachery In The 20th Century
- Eternity In Their Hearts
- Serving With Eyes Wide Open: Doing Short-Term Missions With Cultural Intelligence
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams And Greatest Fears
- Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From The American Dream
- Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working And How There Is A Better Way For Africa
- Not A Fan: Becoming A Completely Committed Follower Of Jesus
- The Hospital By The River: A Story Of Hope