The COVID-19 crisis continues to keep us fully engaged all over the world!
This month we would like to provide you with a quick update about our battle with COVID-19.
When we launched into action across the world several months ago, we shared a story with you from the DRC. However, the fight continues in all 75 countries where we work – that’s 5,282 communities. Our brave team members and volunteers have confronted COVID-19 on several fronts:
- Spreading awareness on prevention
- Recognizing and identifying symptoms
- Making and distributing face masks, hand sanitizer, and soap
- Helping to counter some of the economic impacts of the shutdown
- Keeping communities informed, motivated and hopeful about their future
- Introduction of backyard vegetable gardening, seed distribution for planting, and microenterprise to supplement income
Here in the U.S., we have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis too, so we can well appreciate the impact on the developing world, the small rural farmers, and daily wage earners. We are excited to share that of the 2.56 million people that our CHE program impacts, we have not had a single death due to COVID-19 so far! Praise the Lord! We constantly thank our Heavenly Father for His mercy. Please continue to uphold in prayer our field leaders, their teams, and all the community volunteers.
At Medical Ambassadors International, we are very grateful for your support and prayer for our ministry. We stand amazed as we see the way God works in the lives of His followers and mobilizes them to partner in His ministry.
Psalm 121: 7 says “The Lord will keep you from all harm – He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”
Together let us claim this promise – for you, your family, for all our staff, their families, and the communities we serve around the world.