Opportunities for Millennials and Gen Z
If you’re between the ages of 18 and 45, our Next Gen initiative is a place for you to weigh in directly on how the mission and vision of MAI helps solve global issues that plague many different countries.
MAI’s mission is to equip communities through Christ-centered health and development. The MAI vision is a world of thriving communities where people experience reconciliation of broken relationships, restoration of hope and health, and dignity through following Jesus.
We strive to follow the example Jesus set for holistic healing. We use a development process called Community Health Evangelism (abbreviated CHE; pronounced chay; in some countries, depending on the context the program, is referred to as Community Health Education or Community Development Education) that addresses the needs of the whole person – physical, spiritual, emotional, and social. By using CHE, Medical Ambassadors is equipping individuals to be independent workers and evangelists in their own communities.
At present MAI works in 2,674 communities around the world impacting a population of over 2.98 million people in 75 countries with 52,442 volunteers.
As a Next Gen Volunteer with MAI, you will have the opportunity to advocate about various ideas and impacts that MAI is making on a global scale to raise awareness and financial support in areas such as, but not limited to, Food Security, Anti-Trafficking, and Clean Water Initiatives.
Your voice and opinions are needed to help develop ideas and plans to communicate MAI’s work in creative ways, ultimately growing the community of supporters from the younger generation.
Join our Focus Group
As we further develop the Next Gen volunteer program, your voice is needed. In the Spring and Summer of 2023 we will be hosting multiple focus groups soliciting input from those interested in getting involved. The purpose of these short virtual meetings will be to help our team glean valuable ideas and creative input from the younger generation to help elevate and amplify our reach and impact around the globe. Contact us to learn more about participating.
Members of the focus group will have the opportunity to become an official Next Gen Advisory Board Member.
Purpose: The Next Gen Advisory Board is a committee made up of volunteers between the ages of 18 and 45 under the umbrella of Medical Ambassadors International (MAI). The Next Gen Advisory Board will be composed of a diverse group of young adults who do not have direct voting power within the organization, but who help us keep a pulse on how young adults across the country and globe of all different backgrounds think about our key issue areas. Members can use this experience for personal and professional development.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provides an opportunity for young adults to weigh in directly on how the mission and vision of MAI helps solve global issues that plague many different countries, using the methods of MAI’s Community Health Evangelism/Education strategies.
- Work to ensure that our volunteer efforts consistently support our mission and amplify the voices of youth nationally and internationally.
- Advocate to other youths about ideas and impacts that MAI is making on a global scale to raise awareness and financial support in areas such as, but not limited to, Food Security, Anti-Trafficking, and Clean Water Initiatives.
- Participate in a bi-monthly committee meeting with a member of the MAI leadership team to discuss ongoing projects, along with the chance to expand personal and professional networks.
- Provide feedback on existing campaigns, bring fresh ideas for missional growth, identify needs for improvement, and share how MAI’s work is resonating in the countries we operate with peers.
- Develop ideas and plans to communicate MAI’s work in creative ways with peers, ultimately growing the community of supporters from the younger generation.
- PRAYER: Since God is at work to bring wholeness into lives, our commitment to prayer aligns us with His plans and power.
- DISCIPLESHIP: Jesus commissioned us to make disciples who are living increasingly transformed lives.
- RESPECT: We treat all people with respect and value them as God does.
- FOCUS: We are committed to vulnerable and marginalized people everywhere.
- CHE STRATEGY: We diligently strive to implement and improve the CHE strategy, guided by CHE core values.
- COLLABORATION: We collaborate with others who share these CHE values.
- INTEGRITY: We, as Christ’s ambassadors, require integrity in all our leaders, staff, and volunteers.
- DEPENDENCE ON GOD: We recognize God as the source of all wisdom, direction, empowerment, and resources. In working together with Him, we will faithfully use the gifts He has given us to promote His work.
- Communication Skills – A willingness to listen and be considerate of others input, and to be willing to share opinions with others
- Leadership Skills – The ability to gain the respect and trust of his or her peer group
- Unity – Show empathy and respect for others to facilitate a unified goal for the intentionality and effectiveness of MAI’s mission
- Commitment and Availability — Maintain attendance and punctuality in at least 4 of the 6 bi-monthly annual meetings (meetings are 45-60 minutes via zoom)
- Listening – Expressing opinions in a constructive manner